Serokell is a fast-growing, fully-remote software development company that works on innovative solutions for complex problems. We’re packed full of adventurous, curious, and inclusive folks that want to build cutting-edge software with modern technologies like functional programming.
We’re searching for a Frontend Developer that would help us create new web pages and applications for us and our clients.
- Participate in the development of different web applications.
- Create one-off pages for our website in collaboration with the marketing.
- Solve issues/bugs connected to the serokell.io website.
- Develop our shop using the Shopify platform.
Candidates should have 2+ years of experience working in production with:
- SASS (CSS3). You should be familiar with things like adaptive design, @use imports, mixins, and the methodology of BEM.
- TypeScript. You should be familiar with things like generics, type guards, and discriminated union types.
- React/pReact or other libraries for building user interfaces. You should be familiar with things like functional components, component lifecycle & nesting, working with states, and SSR components.
- SQL. You should be familiar with things like PostgreSQL syntax and migrations (Prisma).
You will get bonus points if:
- You have a good understanding and experience of backend development.
- You know how protocols, software, and algorithms used work under the hood. For example, network protocols (TCP, HTTP), Node.js, and binary search trees.
- You are a perfectionist in a good way. If “pixel perfect” characterizes your work, if you organize your work in fine-grained patches with descriptive commit messages, we want you at Serokell.
- You have experience with Haskell, Rust, or Elixir.
- You are familiar with either RemixJS or NextJS.
- You have the capacity to set up a module bundler with custom TSX and SASS bounding.
- You are comfortable working on isomorphic web apps.
- React library.
- Our typical database choice is PostgreSQL.
- For our shop, we are going to use Shopify.
- In applications for our clients, we often implement both frontend and backend components. Backend development is usually done in Haskell. Frontend development may involve the usage of domain-specific JS libraries and external web APIs.
- We typically use Nix to deploy and package any software we develop.