We Are Hiring a Senior Haskell Engineer
Serokell is a fast-growing, fully-remote software development company that works on innovative solutions for complex problems. We’re packed full with adventurous, curious, and inclusive folks that want to build cutting-edge software with modern technologies like functional programming.
We’re seeking a senior-level Haskell software engineer to join a team of fierce and fun Serokellers.
We require solid knowledge of:
- Haskell 98 features. Writing your own typeclasses. Using applicative functors. Using monad transformers and understanding the most important library ones’ ins and outs (e.g., ReaderT, StateT).
- Modern Haskell ecosystem. We will ask you to use text, mtl, basic lenses, Stack/Cabal, type families, QuickCheck/Hedgehog. You will have to use the existing Template Haskell (as opposed to writing your own).
- Algorithms and data structures. Fundamental ones, like binary search tree, DFS, hashtable, quicksort, etc.
- Computer networks. HTTP, TCP/IP stack. Understanding of poll- and push-based data synchronization models and their usage in modern service APIs.
- Good coding culture. Code structuring and decoupling, patch management with git, code review practices.
- Self-organization. To a decent level.
Good-to-have, but not crucial:
- Cryptography. Fundamental knowledge, public/private keys, signing, encryption, hashing.
- Parsers. Writing your own parsers, using parser combinators and/or parser generators.
- Haskell. Experience with popular libraries for real-world problems (web servers, streaming like conduit, serialization, databases, etc.); advanced type-level features: GADTs, DataKinds.
By joining Serokell, you’ll become a part of a warm community of ingenious engineers, computer scientists, designers, marketing experts, and other inventive people. You will be able to take part in ambitious projects that work on building the next generation of computer software, try out crazy initiatives unhindered by bureaucracy or judgment, and have fun in our Slack channels that range from #music to #butthurt (did we mention the huge custom emoji set?).
If you’re ready for the adventure of your life, contact us via email: email@example.com.