Serokell is a fast-growing, fully-remote software development company that works on innovative solutions for complex problems. We’re packed full with adventurous, curious, and inclusive folks that want to build cutting-edge software with modern technologies like functional programming.
We’re seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer that can work with Nix/NixOS.
As a Senior SRE, you will work together with other members of the Serokell operations team to build and manage infrastructure for our and our clients’ software projects. You will also be able to work on open-source projects that boost the whole Nix ecosystem.
We expect you to:
- Feel at home using Linux.
- Have experience with the Nix ecosystem (nixpkgs, NixOS, haskell.nix, etc.).
- Understand a thing or two about networks (IP addresses and routing, TCP, UDP).
- Have some understanding of cloud computing and Terraform.
- Be knowledgeable about monitoring best practices.
- Have experience in setting up incident reporting tools and mitigation protocols.
- Know how to use common dev tools (like Git, Bash, GPG, etc.).
- Be able to read and write some Haskell or Rust code if necessary.
As part of your job, you will:
- Spend quite a lot of time reading and writing Nix expressions.
- Spend some time maintaining and improving our NixOS-based, declarative infrastructure.
- Spend some time doing supervision and resolving management issues of the SRE team.
- Maintain and propel DevOps culture.
- Help developers learn the tools needed for infrastructure-as-code approach.
- Improve our alerting systems and incident mitigation procedures.
- Monitor and respond to security risks.
- Contribute to our open-source tooling and libraries.
- Improve observability capabilities in Haskell ecosystem.
By joining Serokell, you’ll become a part of a warm community of ingenious engineers, computer scientists, designers, marketing experts, and other inventive people. You will be able to take part in ambitious projects that work on building the next generation of computer software, try out crazy initiatives unhindered by bureaucracy or judgment, and have fun in our Slack channels that range from #music to #butthurt (did we mention the huge custom emoji set?).