Serokell is a fast-growing, fully-remote software development company that works on innovative solutions for complex problems. We’re packed full of adventurous, curious, and inclusive folks that want to build cutting-edge software with modern technologies like functional programming.
We’re seeking a Rust software engineer to join a team of fierce and fun Serokellers.
- Solid knowledge of the modern Rust language. You are expected to comfortably use enums, references, lifetimes, generics, standard and custom traits, be familiar with the standard library, know how to organize a project with modules and crates, etc.
- Async programming with Rust. You should be comfortable with writing multi-threaded code and are expected to be familiar with the concepts of tokio, even though working experience with it is not a requirement.
- Application-level integration. You should be able to integrate your code with a wide variety of other systems. Experience with various databases and database client libraries is a plus. Experience making API clients is plus. Experience making Web and API servers is a plus.
- Unit and property testing. You are expected to write well-tested code (with tests that catch likely defects and are not too hard to maintain).
- Familiarity with Logging and tracing. Experience organizing logging, tracing, and monitoring (also, working with logs and metrics aggregation systems) is a bonus.
- Knowledge of the fundamental algorithms and data structures like binary search tree, DFS, hashtable, quicksort, etc.
- Knowledge of computer networks: HTTP, TCP/IP stack, understanding of poll- and push-based data synchronization models and their usage in modern service APIs.
- Familiarity with tools used for build/deploy automation and CI/CD: Docker, Nix, Kubernetes, etc.
- Good coding culture (code structuring and decoupling, using git and pull requests, code review practices).
- Good level of self-organization.
- Develop robust, scalable, and maintainable Rust applications, adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback and ensuring code quality.
- Debug and resolve technical issues, identifying and implementing effective solutions.
Why you should work with Serokell:
- Competitive salary.
- Attractive international projects.
- Participation in the leading world conferences.
- International teams and multicultural environment.
- Fully remote work and flexible working hours.
- Possibility to take days off any time you need.
- Investment in your professional and career growth, which will correspond to wage growth.
- Mentoring and training.
- Yoga classes and therapy sessions to support your well-being.
- English language courses.
- Opportunity to contribute to one of the functional programming industry’s leading blogs.
By joining Serokell, you’ll become a part of a warm community of ingenious engineers, computer scientists, designers, marketing experts, and other inventive people. You will be able to take part in ambitious projects that work on building the next generation of computer software, try out crazy initiatives unhindered by bureaucracy or judgment, and have fun in our Slack channels that range from #music to #butthurt (did we mention the huge custom emoji set?).